Thursday, July 7, 2011

TV Shows to Bring Back

This weeks blog prompts brought to you by the wonderful




Mama’s



2.) A post your mom would write if your mom wrote posts.
3.) Do you love it or hate it? An open letter to your child’s latest obsession.
4.) We just celebrated America’s Independence! Write a poem about what freedom means to you.
5.) It’s hot, the kids are home and crazy, our pets are panting, the days are long…share your number one Summer Survival Tip.
6.) Milkshakes, smoothies, margaritas and more…create a video showing how to make your favorite frozen drink.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There are several awesome shows that are very much missed.  A few of the older have been "reinvented" and that seems almost worse that pulling them completely off the air.  Especially the older cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Loony Toons, and the old Disney cartoons.  

Without further ado, my Top 10 choices I wish would come back!

1.) Father Dowling Mysteries.
This played right after Murder She Wrote for 3 seasons.  I LOVED it.  The idea of a priest and nun solving mysteries was a TON of fun and the show was very entertaining.  

2.) Who's the Boss
That was always great fun to watch (as well as parent approved)

3.) Mr. Belvedere
This was a little late night show that very few knew about, or wouldn't talk about because it came on so late at night.  

4.) Alf
The fun loving, cat eating alien!  





5.) Saved By the Bell
This was a GREAT favorite.  The College Years were ok, but my all time favorite was the wedding that ended the entire season.  

6.) Little House on the Prairie
This was on the air on the Hallmark channel till 2 years ago when it was replaced with a show I don't like.
7.) Loony Toons
The cartoons today are not nearly as fun as the original ones.  There was a simple love to a 3 -5 min cartoon.    Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Speedy Gonzales and not one of them politically correct.  

8.) Tom and Jerry
Another GREAT cartoon series.  These homicidal cartoons were considered too violent for our "delicate sensibilities"  If another kid did something completely stupid or violent it was blamed on cartoons.  I feel that today's cartoons are so much more life like and violent.  At least with Tom and Jerry we KNEW it was make believe and that chopping someone in half or squishing them would not work in the real word. 


9)Matlock
The cheap penny pinching, brilliant skinflint of an attorney.  This was one of my favorites for the longest time

10.)  The Twilight Zone
This TV show was 30 minutes of all sorts of possibilities and things that could have been.  The show started in black and white and the original series ran from 1959-1964. Since this is before I was even born, I caught them on reruns and now finally on Netflix.  They tried to revive the show from 1985-1989 but didn't do so well.  There was a 3rd attempt in 2008 with a series of 2 hour shows in 2002 that hasn't really worked either. I LOVED the original series.  




8 comments:

  1. We have several dvds of Loony Tunes that we watch with the kids ... they never get old!

    Visiting from Mama Kat's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these, YES PLEASE! I so forgot about Mr Belvadere and Father Dowling Mysteries. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Matlock. He always seemed to have surprises up his sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::gasp:: Looney Tunes! Man, did they know how to make a cartoon back in the day. I feel bad for kids these days sitting around and watching Sponge Bob and the Teletubbies...

    Came here from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cartoon Network has both the Looney Tunes originals & the new (which sucks) and they air a lot of old Tom & Jerry episodes, even old Popeye! I love having kids because I can watch these old cartoons & blame it on the kids. ;)

    The Twilight Zone needs a modern comeback. They would just have to get the writing right! Great choice for a comeback!

    My dad was a Matlock fan! I never really got into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Mr. Belvedere, as well as the others you listed.
    Visiting from Mama Kat's, where I also chose this prompt today.
    Great list! What you said about knowing that cartoons weren't real is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Morgan - I agree! They are timeless. :) I really loved Marvin the Martian

    @Paulette - Great minds think alike! Father Dowling was one of my absolute FAVS. It was watch pulled me into the mystery shows.

    @JDaniel4's Mom - Yes he did! And almost always last minute. I did love who he got so many different people to buy him hot dogs. Haha Always so funny

    @Classic NYer - I agree Tellatubbies are insane!

    @Lex the mom - I agree the new version of Loony Toons sucks. They are trying to PC everything and now they are saying Speedy Gonzales is a bad character. I loved all of the cartoons. I haven't caught Popeye on Cartoon Network yet, and the new Tom and Jerry cartoons have them TALKING. It just doesn't seem right. There was a simple beauty to the no talking.

    I also found Matlock was a "love it" or "hate it" show. Very few stood in the middle it was one or the other. Most of my family think I am nuts for liking the show. :)

    @thesedaysofmine.com - I am actually pleasantly surprised at how many remembered Mr. Belvedere. It was such a wonderful show!


    Thank you all for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! Y'all have really made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matlock was one of the few shows my dad enjoyed watching. Little House On the Prairie is on my list too!

    Here's a link to my list:
    http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/07/karens-top-10-tv-shows-writers-workshop.html

    ReplyDelete