Monday, April 16, 2012

Thanks For The Lasagna

Hi!  Well, I decided that after doing a guest blog for Paulette (her blogs are always fun to read and can be found here).  She wasn't feeling very well, but she took the time to write this for me and picked a favorite memory!   She understands my warped and sometimes snarky sense of humor.  I love her no matter what and have always said she is the yin to my yang.  Below the picture is what she wrote.  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did!


                                                   
So Everline asked if I would like to guest post and tell y'all a story y'all may not know. It took me a bit but I think I have a fun story to tell.

It all started about 17 years ago, give or take a year or so. We were in High School. I think we were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. To say we didn't like each other would be an understatement. She thought I was a stuck up bitch and I thought she was just a bitch. Yet somehow we ended up becoming best friends. I cannot even tell how or when it happened. It just did.

We stayed close even after I graduated and then we kind of went on with our own lives. I got married about a yr before her. She was my Maid of Honor as my Matron of Honor couldn't make it. She somehow got out of work and got there. It was amazing, really. This is the kind of person she is. If you are friend or family she goes above and beyond to be there for you. This is not really my story but rather back story. Stay with me.

Since I was married we kind of lost each other for a bit. She also met my Hubs best friend at the time and fell in love. Thanks to me and a twist of Fate. She got married and moved out of town for awhile. We lost touch for several years. Til out of the blue she mails me a letter. I have no idea how she got my address. But there it was in my mailbox. Your basic hey how are you and oh by the way are you pregnant?

HUH?! Yeah, that was exactly my thoughts. Because as it happens, I was pregnant with my first child. Thus a friendship was once again established.

Fast forward to 2006 when I was pregnant with my last baby. She was part of the reason I did not go stir crazy with that pregnancy. She called every day just to chat about nothing and everything. She visited as often as she was able. Bringing food, especially craved foods like Jack in the Box. She had not been able to be around much for my first two pregnancies and had only heard stories and seen the babies afterwards. She knew I had been on bed rest with Bridge, too and that this time it was nearly driving me bonkers. So she kept me entertained as much as possible.

With Meg, she actually got to visit me in the hospital after she was born. Days later I was home and she was knocking at my door to visit and bring food. You know you have a real tight friendship when you open up your door and the first thing your BFF says to you is not hello but rather, "I Hate You!", as she hands you a lasagna and gives you a hug.

You see, as with my first two pregnancies after pushing out babies I left the hospital looking like I couldn't possibly have done so. So she was a tad jealous but in a loving sort of way. I just laughed at her and said, "Love you, too. Thanks for the lasagna."

Our friendship has always been this way. Not really jealous of each other but just teasing. Don't let that fool you cause there's been plenty of times where we have dropped everything to get to each other and support and uplift. Turns out, that she is the only person I didn't like at first that has become my friend. Not just my friend but my best friend. We are like sisters and joke with her Mom that we must of been separated at birth. We find this funny but I don't think her Mom does.

No comments:

Post a Comment