Wednesday, April 13, 2011

30 Day Song Challe

First ~  This was not my idea. I saw it I Know, Write? by Corrine I also noticed there's a Facebook Page  for it, too.


Second ~ The Rules are as follows:


day 01 - your favorite song
day 02 - your least favorite song
day 03 - a song that makes you happy 
day 04 - a song that makes you sad
day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event 
day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
day 09 - a song that you can dance to
day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep 
day 11 - a song from your favorite band 
day 12 - a song from a band you hate 
day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure 
day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love 
day 15 - a song that describes you 
day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate 
day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
day 19 - a song from your favorite album
day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry 
day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
day 29 - a song from your childhood 
day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year







Ok, Paulette (my BFF) makes this look easy although she had the hardest time with the 1st day.  I can happily say that I am not afflicted with the first day issue, but will probably be stumped later in the Challenge.  


Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Hold on to your hats... My fav song is a CLASSICAL song.  I know there are a few who are thinking WTF, but it is the absolute truth!  It is one of the most beautiful songs ever composed.  It is from the movie "Somewhere In Time".  The movie is very sad and very moving (and when a few friends found out it was a romance OMG the reactions were HILAREOUS!)  There is only one version with the words in the music that I have found.  I hope you like listening to it.  :)  


I found BOTH versions!  The first one is purely classical (my ultimate fav) and the second is one I found recently with the words being sung.  I didn't realize till very recently that there were words that went with this piece.   Please enjoy both versions :)


BTW, VERY big thanks to bff for helping me figure out how to get the video attatched :)











Day 02 - Your least favorite song
I ABSOLUTELY hate the song the entertainer!  There is not another song that I dislike near as much as this one.  When I was in middle school, I played the trumpet and one of the songs the we had to learn was "The Entertainer" and it was the school finale for that class. It didn't help that the class had one person who I hated above all else, but at least that is all now part of the past.  What drives me bananas is that EVERY ice cream truck in the area plays it... oh what I would give for a pair of untracable wire snips and a super dark night.....MWAHAHAHAHAHA








Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
On the way over to Mom's I was thinking long and hard about todays challenge as there are sooo many songs that are bright and happy and all are tied to wonderful memories and people.  So, as I am flipping through the songs on the MP3 disk in the car, I was trying to decide on what song made me the happiest, then it came on!  The song is called "Free" and it is off the movie "Empire Records"  Every time I here it on the radio or the CD, it brings a smile to my face.  Especially when I am the one driving the car (I was without one for 11 years)  Hope you like it :)








Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
Well, you asked for it.  There are several that are tear jerkers and there are several heartwrenching songs (See Ms P Drama) http://mspdrama.blogspot.com/2011/04/3-day-song-challenge.html Her song will bring you to tears!  My husband proudly served in the Army, and every now and then he looks for songs honoring the fallen.  When I say todays challenge I had another song in mind, but this one really covers a song that makes me sad.  Break out the tissues this is very very sad.......





Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
My Bff Paulette picked out the most beautiful song for me for this spot in her blog, and I have several for her.  However, in this spot, I want to think of a friend who passed away almost 10 years ago (It will be 10 years Nov 2011)  We went to Thanksgiving and came home to find a note on our door.  My friend Marcus was the best and most positive influence in our life at this time.  Our birthdays were only 1 day apart, so I was a day older.  He was to be our childrens' Godfather, and he would have been great at it!  For years I was lost in how to express my feelings over losing him, and it was through another friends tragic loss that this song was found.  When Allen lost his father, he played this song for me to hear and it immediately fit the bill.   Even today, I still miss Marcus and wish others could have met him.  It doesn't seem fair that he was taken so very young, but then some people just burn to bright for this Earth.  So, for Marcus (because Paulette is absolutely FORBIDDEN to die before I do)





Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
A few years ago (about a dozen) I was taken by my stepfather to a theme resturant called "The Magic Time Machine".  We were seatted by Glenda the Good Witch, our server was Dorothy and Toto. The Karate Kid brought us our drinks and it was a TON of fun!  The ceiling was covered in shards of glass and when we looked up there was a riot of colors and patterns.  The table was set to jook like a japanese table that you walked down too.  Each table was a different theme and all the staff were dressed in the most wonderful costumes.  I hope you enjoy :-)




Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event 
Opening Weekend of the Rangers season, my BFF Paulette had 2 extra tickets to the Rangers game and there was a Girl Scout Parade that day where all girl scouts and their families got to walk all the way around the field ON the field.  We even got there early enough for the kids to get t-shirts curtesy of the ball park!  The song for today is "Deep in the Heart of Texas"  They had everyone who had a hat to raise it in the air (I was one of the few without one, and if you were a Texan, they wanted us to sing it with pride.  It was one of the BEST days and we all had a ton of fun! So here is todays choice :-)




Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
Ironically, I now a TON of songs all the words to, but what I really like to do if play with peoples minds since I can sing BOTH parts of these.  If I have the music going, I can mimic both voices :-)  It is fun to do.  The only video with the good music quality was a very boring and badly made.  Hope you enjoy the music :D






Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
No one could ever confuse me with someone who could dance, but back in the day, there was a dance that everyone in Texas used to be able to do.  Well, I was going to use the following song, http://youtu.be/yXv5Trn7hDo  However, since I cannot use that one, I figured I would use another song that a few *ahem Paulette*  should know *wink* *wink*
It is the electric slide!






Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep 
Normally, I listen to an audiobook to fall asleep to.  Something like "The Series of Unfortunate Events"  By Lemony Snicket.  Yesterday I was listening to "A Woman Without Lies" By Elizabeth Lowell.  If I listen to music to go to sleep I have a few classical songs I love listening to.  The group that I like the most is called Secret Garden.  One of my fav songs to falls alseep to is called "Silent Wings".  The video that goes with this is very soothing as well.  Be careful not to fall asleep listening :-)


Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
I don't really have a favorite band.  I just find something I like and roll with it.  Here lately it has been Rascal Flats.  There are a few songs that remind me of my BFF Paulette.  So, I decided to put that one here. Enjoy :-)




Day 12 - A song from a band you hate 
I am a day behind.  Bad Rachel Bad!  *Snicker*  Yesterday was Easter, and I had to go hunt eggs with the kiddos.  After 3 parties and a major storm, I just crashed for the night.  There are not very many songs that I don't like, but this is one of them.  I don't like the message that this song sends.




Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
I am not sure how a song can be a guilty pleasure, but here is one I think fits the bill :-)  It was one I was listening to when I was pregnant and thinking about my daughter, Faith.  The name of the song is "Heaven's Gift to Me"  It is also known as a Wiccan Lullaby.  The singer is known as Gypsy.




Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love 
There are very few things that would surprise people, I have one that may fit the bill.  This one may do it... It is from a series called "The Nadesico" The song is called Ruki's song also know as "Let Me Be Your Number 1"  





Day 15 - A song that describes you 
Today's choice was very difficult.  I have a hard time thinking of what is me.  So, with a little help from Connor, here is todays choice :-)







Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate 
There are a very wide varieties of music that I used to love now hate.  Hubby likes to play a song over and over and over and over and over and over again till it grates on the nerves.  Here is one I used to love especially while I was clubbing in my younger pre-kid days but now kind hardly stand. :$




Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio
This song is all over my fav radio station 103.7 KVIL.  It is called "Bubbly"  It is so cute and upbeat :)


Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
I love upbeat and positive songs, so there is a whole list of songs I would love to hear.  However, there is one that I love that I feel should be on the radio more often.  It is Michelle Branch "You Set me Free"




Day 19 - A song from your favorite album
I happen to LOVE Phantom of the Opera!  It is one of my all time favorites and one of these days, I would love to see it live and in person, but till then...




day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry


When I am angry, I normally like to listen to a group of upbeat songs to try and get a grip on my temper, however, there is one song that I listen to if I cannot get a grip.  It is called "I  hate Everything" By George Strait






After this choice was made, something came up over the weekend that REALLY hacked me off, and I thought of a song that I listen to more often than the one above....Fair warning this song has EXPLICIT language it is called "Slept So Long" from the movie "Queen of the Damned"




day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
Good Lord this one is a challenge!  There are several songs that I love to listen to especially when I am happy..I guess my favorite of these are "Watch Me Shine" by Joanna Pacitti





day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad

Only a handful of truly great friends have seen me cry.  I have a major issue with it.  However if I am on my own and sad, I do have one song that I listen to from the movie "Ernest Goes to Camp"The song isThis one is hard to admit to.  I have a thing against very called "I'm Glad it's Raining"


day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
Since I have been married 13 years, this one is super easy!  At the wedding, we were not allowed alot of music, and our preacher had thought we were joking about getting married (even though we asked him to do the wedding vows) he found us getting married a joke because I was 18 (just barely) and Pat was 20.  We were and still are wildly in love, though some days it is harder to believe than others.  Our wedding song was one that Pat dedicated to me "(Everything I do) I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams


Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
I have seen a few people have a real issue with this, but I don't.  I want my funeral to be followed by a HUGE party.  I don't want family and friends crying that I am gone (for very long) I want them to remember how I lived and that I love my family and friends and I believe that we will all meet up again in Heaven.  Also, since I was told that "Irish Mountain Dew" was inappropriate (although considering I want an open bar at the reception I tend to disagree) This is the song I want played at my funeral...It is by Kim Carnes the song is called "I'll Be Where the Heart is"  
  


Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
There are several hilarious songs, but this is one of the best.  Especially know that my daughter is old enough to go to camp. :)





Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument
Time to surprise a few folks.  I used to play the trumpet, and this was one of the songs I played for the end of the year concert way back in the day...






Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play

I would LOVE to be able to play "Point of No Return"  Since I am a BIG TIME fan of Phantom of the Opera and already know the music I would love to be able to play this song. 


Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty

The Singer is easy enough... Red Sovine!  He has a TON of songs that are sad and evoke guilt trips....The one that evokes the most amount of guilt is called "Roses for Mama" (MsPDrama - I suggest skipping this song unless you have kleenexs)




Day 29 - A song from your childhood 

This is one of the EASIEST of the challenge.  Anyone remember New Kids on the Block BEFORE they became NKOTB?  This was one of my FAVS




Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year
FINALLY the end!  This challenge is 29 days longer than my attention span LOL!  Fav song last year this time was Miley Cyrus "The Climb"


8 comments:

  1. I like Day 3 as well, one of my most favorite movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 7: Oh You! BIG BFF HUGS! I was happy you could go with. Pretty sure DH woulda been stick in mud, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I see that my comment from yesterday Day ^, didn't post....I remember you talking bout that restaurant. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That is funny and the memories! BTW, I'm thinking we are old only not really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving all your song choices but especially the song that makes you laugh! LOVE IT! I am gonna find it and favorite it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! You finally finished it!

    Took you forever and I finished a day or so early, go figure. =P

    ReplyDelete